- OSHA Construction Update
- Labor Trends in Construction
- Robotics and Automation
- Drones in Construction: Worker Safety
- Construction Roundtable
This memo provides guidance on how to evaluate employer's use of clinical laboratories for employee blood lead testing under the general industry Lead Standard and the construction Lead Standard.
Jim Shelton, OSHA Compliance Assistant Specialist, attended the Aug 23rd APCA Safety Committee meeting and provided the Committee with valuable OSHA information.
• Silica FAQs August 23, 2018 – These FAQs provide guidance to employers and employees regarding the respirable crystalline silica standard's requirements.
• OSHA Construction Safety and Health Conference – September 13 - 14, 2018 – Houston Marriott Westchase – Houston, TX
• Sample Training PowerPoint for Construction – A sample employee training presentation (with instructor notes) to help employers or other instructors train employees covered under the OSHA respirable crystalline silica standard for construction (29 CFR 1926.1153).
• Video: Protecting Workers From Silica Hazards in the Workplace – A five-minute informational video focusing on the hazards of exposure to respirable crystalline silica.
Between 2011 and 2016, there were 79 fatal injuries and more than 3070 estimated nonfatal injuries among oil and gas pipeline construction workers (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics). Finding and fixing hazards ensures workers go home safe and sound every day. Use the information here to find and fix hazards in your company.
It is with great sadness that APCA reports the passing of Morris Farrar, founder of Farrar Construction, Inc., on July 23. Mr. Farrar served as APCA President and on the Board of Directors, and he and his wife, Bobbie, were active in the association for many years.
Mr. Farrar founded Farrar Construction, Inc., out of Dover, Oklahoma, which has continued to operate under ownership by his three sons, Randy, Mark, and Steve.
Services for Mr. Farrar will be held this Friday, July 27, in Dover, at the old High School Gymnasium, at 11 am. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations to the Dover School or to your favorite charity be made in his honor.